This website, together with such products or services, is referred to collectively as the “Site” in these Terms.
By using the Site, whether for purposes of viewing or ordering Plans or otherwise, you acknowledge that you have read and understood, and agree to be bound by and comply with, these Terms.
A.When you use our website.
1.Who may use the Site. The Site is intended for use by adults. You must be at least 18 to order or use any Plans or otherwise use the Site.
2.What’s not allowed. When using the Site, you agree that you will not:
- 2.1 violate any applicable present or future laws, rules, orders, ordinances, regulations, statutes, requirements, codes or executive orders of any governmental or judicial authorities (“Applicable Laws”);
- 2.2 submit any personal information, including names or email addresses, pertaining to other individuals;
- 2.3 impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or include intentional inaccuracies in Your Information;
- 2.4 violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site;
- 2.5 reverse engineer or decompile any portion of the Site; or
- 2.6 “scrape” information from the Site by automated means or otherwise without authorization.
B.When you order and use our plans.
All of our Plans were created by architects or designers (each, a “Designer”). When you order Plans from Designtrc.com, in accordance with these Terms:
- 1.1 if we own the copyright in the Plans, we license rights to use these Plans directly to you; or
- 1.2 if we have licensed the rights to use the Plans from a Designer, we either sublicense rights to you to use these Plans or arrange for the Designer to license such rights directly to you.
- 2.1 You may order some Plans by paying money (“Purchased Plans”), and other Plans by giving us the right to use your contact information for marketing purposes, as described below (“Free Plans”). In all cases, you will be responsible for any applicable sales or similar taxes and shipping and handling costs, if specified. All orders to Designtrc.com are final, and no refunds will be granted for any reason.
- 2.2 As a condition to ordering Free Plans, you agree that Designtrc.com may share the contact and other information that you provide with other companies, who may use it to contact you, by telephone, email, text/SMS message or postal mail, concerning products or services that they believe may be of interest to you. In particular, by ordering Free Plans, you consent to receive telephone calls and other communications including text/SMS messages at the number(s) you provide, including any wireless or residential number, using an automated telephone dialing system and/or pre-recorded message. By way of clarification, you will not need to provide this consent for telephone calls and text or SMS messages as a condition to obtaining Purchased.
When Designtrc.com provides you with Purchased you are thereby granted, subject to these Terms and, if applicable, any Designer Agreement, a limited, non-exclusive license (“License”) to use the Plans to build the home depicted in the Plans (the “Project”) one time and one time only; and to modify and reproduce the Plans solely to the extent required for purposes of satisfying your specific needs and/or to meet the requirements of your specific state and local building codes, ordinances or regulations in completing the Project. In addition to any other requirements set forth in these Terms and, if applicable, any Designer Agreement, you agree to comply with the following restrictions, requirements and conditions to which the License is subject:
- 3.1 You may not assign, sublicense or transfer the License.
- 3.2 You may not re-use the Plans (e.g., for building any additional home(s)), without the prior written consent of Designtrc.com, which consent shall require payment of a re-use fee and may be subject to additional conditions, as specified by Design TRC.
- 3.3 You shall not, and shall not authorize or permit anyone else to, sell, redistribute or publish the Plans, or otherwise disclose the Plans to anyone other than contractors, consultants, lenders or governmental agencies on a “need to know” basis as reasonably required for the purpose of building a single home subject to the License.
- 3.4 You may not create derivative works based on the Plans other than such modifications as may be required for your own use in building a single home in accordance herewith.
- 3.5 You agree that you will have the Plans reviewed and approved by a local professional designer or engineer before the start of any construction.
- 3.6 You agree that you will maintain, and will cause your builder and other contractors involved in the Project to maintain, sufficient liability and other insurance coverages with insurance companies licensed in the applicable locations, as required to cover all of your obligations under these Terms and Applicable Laws.
If you request that Design TRCn or its Designer customize the Plans, the following provisions apply:
- 4.1 Overview. Designtrc.com, or one of its affiliates or independent Designers, will customize your Plans (“Customization Services”) on request, as detailed below, and provided customized versions of the Plans (“Customized Plans”). For purposes of the Customization Services, references to Designtrc.com may apply to Designtrc.com’ affiliate or Designer. “Customized Plans” are still Plans for purposes of these Terms. As such, Designtrc.com and/or its Designer will retain all Intellectual Property Rights in any Customized Plans, even if the Customized Plans reflect your comments or input.
- 4.2 Additional Services. If you request revisions to the Customized Plans after such delivery, or otherwise require any services outside of the Scope, those services will be considered “Additional Services” and subject to additional fees as specified in a subsequent price quote.
- 4.3 Fees. If you decide to purchase the Customization Services, you will be deemed to have agreed to pay the fees in the amount of the initial price quote. If you decide to purchase Additional Services, you will likewise be deemed to have agreed to pay the fees in the amount of such subsequent price quote. In all cases, you will be responsible for payment of any reimbursable expenses incurred in the interest of the project, including costs, marked up by 10%, of consultants, reproductions, postage and handling, faxes, photography, messenger service, long distance telephone calls, travel and meals, supplies, renderings and models and approved overtime work. Payment is due at time of purchase for the initial Customization Services, and again at the time of purchase of any Additional Services, if applicable, unless otherwise agreed in writing. You will be required to pay interest for any payments due and unpaid more than thirty (30) days after the date of Invoice, at a rate equal to the lesser of (i) 1.5% per month, or (ii) the greatest amount permitted under applicable law. Without limitation of any other rights or remedies under these Terms or pursuant to Applicable Laws, Designtrc.com may withhold the release of contract documents for permit, bidding, and construction, if payment on invoices is not current.
- 4.4 Client Responsibilities. Your responsibilities in connection with the Customization Services include the following:
- 4.4.1 providing complete and accurate information regarding custom changes and budget requirements and all physical information about the site and/or building;
- 4.4.2 rendering approvals and decisions promptly and as necessary for the orderly progress of the Customization Services and in keeping with the mutually acceptable schedule;
- 4.4.3 obtaining, at your own expense, all required soil studies and land surveys;
- 4.4.4 crediting Designtrc.com and the applicable Designer in publicity involving the project design;
- 22.214.171.124 providing, if requested, a written description and/or sketch outlining the proposed changes;
- 126.96.36.199 providing a copyright release satisfactory to Designtrc.com if you provide the plans that will be subject to the Customization Services;
- 188.8.131.52 permitting access to the project site at all reasonable hours and shall be permitted to photograph the project during construction and upon completion for its records and future use
C.Suspension or Termination.
Either you or Designtrc.com may terminate the Customization Services at any time on at least seven (7) days’ written notice. If you terminate the Customization Services, you will not be entitled to any refund of amounts already paid. If Designtrc.com terminates the Customization Services, you will be entitled to an equitable refund based on the portion of the Customization Services prepaid but not already performed, as reasonably determined by Designtrc.com. No refund will be issued for the purchase of the original Plans. Designtrc.com shall be entitled to compensation for all services and reimbursable expenses incurred prior to receipt of written notice of termination from you. If the Project is resumed, after being terminated for more than one (1) months, and should Designtrc.com agree to resume performance of Customization Services, there will be a re-activation fee at 15% of the original customization fee. In the event the Designtrc.com does not receive the agreed compensation when due, Designtrc.com may, without limitation of its other rights or remedies, suspend performance of the Customization Services.
1.Your Builder’s Responsibilities.
You acknowledge and agree that: (i) the following items are your builder's and your responsibilities; (ii) you will use your best efforts to cause your builder to fulfill such responsibilities; and (iii) Designtrc.com and its Designers shall have no responsibility or liability with respect to such items:
- 1.1 Your builder is responsible for assuring that all work is in accordance with the latest edition of all applicable national, state, and local building codes, construction industry standards and other Applicable Laws.
- 1.2 Your builder is responsible for obtaining the required permits and inspections from local governmental agencies.
- 1.3 Your builder is responsible for checking the Plans prior to construction to verify all dimensions and details for overall accuracy appropriate to the local conditions.
- 1.4 Your builder is responsible for working with you on decisions for the final selection of materials such as masonry, floor joists, lumber/timber, structural members, construction panels, roofing, etc., all of which can create variations in dimension and details. For example, if standard lumber/timber joists are used in place of engineered floor joists, the floor-to-floor dimension would vary from the Plans and require revised stair dimension and framing.
- 1.5 Your builder is responsible for all construction means, methods, sequencing, techniques, and safety on the job site of construction workers and third parties.
- 1.6 Your builder is responsible for assuring that all materials, equipment and components are new and of good quality.
- 1.7 Your builder is responsible for assuring that all manufactured articles, material, and equipment are applied, installed, connected, erected, used, cleaned, adjusted, operated and conditioned as directed by the manufacturers. Your builder must follow all instruction to sustain and preserve all expressed or implied warranties and guarantees. It is the responsibility of the builder to assure that all materials, equipment and components are new and of good quality.
D.Generally Applicable Terms.
1.Who Owns What.
You agree to indemnify and defend Designtrc.com and its affiliates, and their respective Designers or other licensors, and the officers, directors, owners, agents, representatives, contractors, employees and assigns of the foregoing (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") and hold them harmless from and against any and all losses, demands, causes of action, damages, liability and costs and expenses, including reasonable legal' fees, incurred or sustained by any of the Indemnified Parties in connection with (i) the use, construction, conversion, modification, misinterpretation, misuse, or reuse by you or others of the Plans or any other drawings, data or other materials furnished by Designtrc.com or any Designers; (ii) any negligence or other acts or omissions by you or any of your employees, consultants, advisors, agents, representatives or contractors; and (iii) any breach by you of any of the provisions of these Terms and any applicable Designer Agreement. Designtrc.com reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume, or permit a Designer to assume, the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
3.DISCLAIMER. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY PLANS. THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY PLANS, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE, PRIOR TO USE OF ANY PLANS, THAT SUCH PLANS ARE ACCURATE, SUITABLE FOR YOUR PURPOSES AND COMPLIANT WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS.
4.Additional caveats, disclaimers and requirements.
- 4.1The Plans are intended to indicate design intent and basic construction detailing. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained the proper professional assistance to provide standard construction details and practices, which will result in a structurally sound and weatherproof finished product. Any use of the Plans, and/or modifications of the Plans, by you, builders or others on your behalf, is done at your own risk.
- 4.2 Any foundation plan and associated details included in the Plans are intended to serve as a basic guide for a typical foundation system. This typical foundation system is not site- or location-specific. You acknowledge our recommendation that you have a local designer or licensed engineer review the Plans and provide a site-specific foundation design if found necessary.
- 4.3 The Plans provide ideas and concepts and are not intended to be complete in all respects and details. Variations in standard sizes (e.g., of windows and doors), and brands, thicknesses, types and uses of different materials can change details. Varying local codes, ordinances, regulations, foundation requirements, and the layout of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems may also require changes of details.
- 4.4 Designtrc.com engages Designers that it believes to be reliable. However, you should normally anticipate that some changes and adjustments in the project will be required to correct possible errors and omissions in the Plans. Such changes are not indicative of, and should not be construed as, negligence on the part of the Designer.
- 4.5 Names of materials and manufacturers shown on the Plans do not represent an endorsement or recommendation by Designtrc.com or Designer. Final selections of materials are the responsibility of you and/or your builder, including proper installation of materials, nailing, gluing, caulking, insulating, flashing, roofing, weatherproofing and many other small items and details not necessarily indicated on the Plans; and Designtrc.com and Designer have no control or responsibility with respect to such matters.
- 4.6 The Plans do not have an architectural or engineering signature, seal and/or stamp. You agree to consult the local building official who can tell you if a review of the Plans by a licensed designer or engineer is required prior to submission of the Plans for a building permit. Because of the great differences in geography and climate in different areas, each state, county, and municipality has its own building codes, zoning requirements, ordinances, and/or building regulations. The Plans may need to be modified to comply with local requirements. In addition, you may need to obtain permits or inspections from local governments before and in the course of construction. Your right to use the Plans is conditioned on your agreement to, and you affirm that you shall: (i) consult a locally licensed designer or engineer of your choice prior to beginning construction, and (ii) strictly comply with all local building codes, zoning requirements, and other applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, and requirements.
- 4.7 Due to the large number of Plans and price options for those Plans offered by Designtrc.com, data entry and other errors inevitably may occur in the text and pricing shown on this Site. Designtrc.com reserves the right to correct such errors as they are discovered, and no order and pricing with respect to that order shall be final until confirmed by Designtrc.com.
- 4.8 Some photographs that appear on the Site of houses that have been built may be based on modifications made to the Plans associated with photograph, and, in such case, those modifications are not incorporated into the Plans.
5.LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL TOWER RESIDENTIAL DESIGN OR ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY DESIGNERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF, DELAY IN USING, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY PLANS.
6.Changes to these terms.
Designtrc.com may modify these Terms at any time by posting changes on the Site; however, (i) these changes will only become effective and binding with respect to you after Designtrc.com provides notice on the Site that these Terms have changed, and you first use the Site following the date of such posting, (ii) the changes will only apply with respect to your use of the Site, including any ordering or use of Plans, after such changes become effective, and (iii) any imposition or change of payment obligations, if any, will only apply if and when you expressly agree. If at any time you find these Terms unacceptable and do not agree with them, you thereafter will have no right to use or access the Site.
We have the right, without limitation of our other rights and remedies at law, in equity or hereunder, to terminate these Terms, the License and/or your right to use the Site, at our discretion, if you do not comply with any of the provisions of these Terms or any Designer Agreement. Unless sooner terminated, the License shall terminate upon your completion or abandonment of the Project.
No joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between you and Designtrc.com or any Designers as a result of these Terms or your use of the Site, including any Plans. The person accepting these Terms on behalf of each party represents and warrants that he or she has been duly authorized by that party to accept the Agreement and thereby bind it to these terms. These Terms will be effective as of the date accepted by you. These Terms, together with any Designer Agreement, represent the entire agreement between you and Designtrc.com with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any and all prior understandings, statements or representations, whether electronic, oral or written, regarding such subject matter. These Terms shall be deemed severable. In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by Applicable Laws, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions. These Terms are for the benefit of Designtrc.com and the Designers, and their officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and suppliers. Each of these individuals or entities has the right to assert and enforce these Terms directly against you on their own behalf. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed to create, impose or give rise to any duty owed by Designtrc.com of its affiliates or any Designer to any contractor, subcontractor, construction manager, supplier, or other person or entity (other than you, to the extent provided herein), or to any surety for or employee of any of them, or give any rights in or benefits under these Terms to such persons. Designtrc.com may assign these Terms at its discretion. You may not assign these Terms or any of your rights hereunder, nor delegate any of your obligations hereunder. These Terms are binding on the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns. No waiver of any obligation or right of either party will be effective unless in writing, executed by the party against whom it is being enforced. These Terms will be governed by the laws, without regard to conflict of laws rules. The parties consent to have any action or dispute between them resolved exclusively within the jurisdiction. In addition to money damages, Designtrc.com shall be entitled to seek equitable relief where appropriate if you breach of any of these Terms. These Terms are severable and may be construed to the extent of their enforceability in light of the parties' mutual intent. The headings in these Terms are for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing it. All references in the Terms to “including” shall be deemed to mean, “including, but not limited to.” All references in these Terms to “we,” “our” or variations thereof shall be deemed to refer to Designtrc.com. All references in these Terms to “you,” “your” or variations thereof shall be deemed to refer to you individually, if you are entering into these Terms on an individual basis, and to the corporation, partnership or other organization or legal entity that you represent, if you are entering into these Terms on behalf of such organization or entity. We will send any notices that are intended for you personally and not all users of the Site to you at the most recent email address we have on file for you. Any notice from you to Designtrc.com should be sent by email to [email protected] or by postal mail to: "Tower Residential Design", Designtrc.com Woolsgrove Court, 52 Shaftesbury Way, Royston, SG8 9DE - United Kingdom